Image Map

Thursday, July 16, 2015

An Open Letter to My Sister-In-Law About how I Feel When she Treats me the way she Does

My sweet sister-in-law,

I love you because you are tied to me for eternity soon, but I don't like some of the things you say to me and how you have treated me. You say its because you don't know me very well. Well you tried to get to know me for a day and then you apparently disliked me. I have a question for you, what did I do to you?

Oh wait let me answer that. I fell in love with your brother. You have two others. So that's not the reason, let me guess again. Umm, I'm not the perfect girl for him, well neither are you so that can't be the answer. No I'm not giving these answers out of hate, or jealousy or anything. It is just so you understand how much I hurt when you spew lies about me.

Like when you said I got pregnant out of wedlock. No I didn't. You just don't understand our situation and how much we love each other. Or when you said that a brother in our church would never spew lies, yes nobody's perfect and they lie once in awhile. Nobody can tell the truth one hundred percent of the time.

When you said that if he marries me he would loose his inheritance, that hurt me straight to the core. It's like you said that I am not good enough. That I am stupid just because I am autistic. And we've told you that, but you still hate me. When you say that you don't know me or when you say that I did something I have two Witnesses that say that I went nowhere near that door, then who's lying?

On July 4, 2015 when you invited us to your house I dreaded it. I just couldn't understand why, if you don't like me, why do you even tell me to come over. To make me sad, angry, hurt even? Maybe I shed a tear or two when I was over at your house, its because I don't understand why I feel so much hatred.

Am I that worthless to you? Do you think that I am not worthy of the Priesthood blessings in my home that you don't give a second thought when your husband has them? Or is it just because I have Autism and that you don't think that our kids will do just fine in normal societies? I mean it is a 1/4 chances of them even having Autism. Is that a lot? Yes, but we will manage it. There are more things wrong with me that nobody knows about except Mom (Mother-in-law) and Rob. I mean nobody else has to know. It's my choice whether to reveal it or not. But please don't do this anymore. I will just end up hating myself because you do. I don't have that much self esteem. I love you, but I don't LIKE you.

Love you sis,

Troian Miller

P.S. This is my family now too. So I love Mom just as much as anyone.

I love being a Miller
These are just some things that need to be put in perspective.


No comments:

Post a Comment