Image Map

Monday, July 18, 2016

Marriage and Divorce: How do each of them affect friends and family?

Two of my very good friends each tied the knot, but in their own way.

The first got married in a gorgeous backyard wedding. From scrolling through facebook and looking at their photos they had an AMAZING wedding. Watching from a distance you can tell they have loved each other for a very long time and that they will love each other forever. This is a Wedding that I wish that Rob, my husband, and I could've had because it was so gorgeous and it wasn't shut in a courtroom or rushed like ours was.

My second friend Mariah Rushton Mitchell, or as I knew her in the time where she was here as Sister Rushton. She got married as the Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints expects, in the Temple and for Time and All Eternity. I know her and I know that I definitely miss her, her sweet smile, her willingness to serve to the best of her ability, but I do know that she chooses what is right for her, and Kenyon, if she chose you, you are the one for her! Take care of her, and bring her back to Missouri! One thing I remember about Mariah being here is that I teased her that she would be married in 6 months. Boy was I a little bit off, instead of getting married in exactly 6 months, it was 8 months and 8 days after she got off her mission. So I think I win Mariah! Love you, and can't wait to meet Kenyon! Bring him and your gorgeous self back!

No this is not Kenyon and Mariah
Divorce, it's a very difficult subject, especially in the church. Divorce is not so uncommon nowadays. But it should not be the first option. Marriage should be fought out and tried to be kept so that the ring may not be slipped on and off at will. Marriage is something that needs to be rekindled daily, not yearly. Divorce should only come after you have fought so hard for your Marriage, and you have fought with your spouse, gave and received harsh words, and gotten down on bended knees and begged the Lord for the right answer. In the eyes of so many, I can see that Divorce is so nearby but I have told them to go and beg upon the Lord, and they have come up to me weeks or months later giving me a hug because their marriage was salvaged.

If you are seriously contemplating divorce, please look unto the Lord, both you and your spouse, and take the long road, whether it be Divorce or Marriage. He will help you if you cry out to him. I know that sometimes it is hard to reach out to our Savior and Heavenly Father, but it is worth it. Trust me, my friends, that when you take a knee in humility and you are completely humble you will get the answer that is correct for you whether it is divorce or to fight for your marriage.


This is what gets me through daily and gets my marriage through. Matthew 19:6 What therefore God hath joined together, let no man put asunder. God hath joined us together to get us through the easiest time in life, like getting pregnant (and no I'm so not saying it's easy) and the tough, like miscarrying a baby or having a family member dying. Within 3 months of Rob and I getting married, 3 of his family, and now mine as well, had passed away. It was the hardest thing because we were also having a loss of our own, a miscarriage, and it compounded our grief. But nobody said it would be easy. Not one person gave me a book on marriage or told me that we would have grief because of losing a baby. Nobody tells you that, because you have to go through it yourself. You have to take the good with the bad. I hope that me writing this blog will help those out there that are in need of it today! God Bless each and everyone of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment