Image Map

Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Being a "Young" Bride

I was eighteen when I married my husband and he was 23 and in college. Yes, you can gasp if you want to. I have been with him for over four years and we have been married almost four years. We are getting ready to start our family, and we are glad we waited for four years. Because we know each other and I'm getting better at being a housewife. I love staying home full time. I meal plan now, and we stick to budget. If we have extra we get fruit on sale. I am super happy with my life and being married young, but it doesn't come without the questions.

Such as:
1. Did you graduate high school, was your marriage arranged?
2. Where did you two meet and were you pregnant?
3. Why did you get married so young, did you -have- to?
4. What is it like being married so young?
5. Are you sure you are ready to be married?
6. Did you know each other before you got married?
7. Did you have to rush into marriage?
8. Are you going to start a family soon?
9. Are you pregnant?

Those are just some of the questions that I get. And it sucks. It has let up because I've been married such a long time. But in the beginning I got asked all the time... The reasons I got married so young, and if I'm pregnant or anything of that nature is between my husband, me, and God. No body else.

Do we want kids? ABSOLUTELY! But it takes time for people to know each other. Am I happy we waited, yes! I am 22 years old and I have been married to the love of my life since I was 18. When I am 68 I can say I have been married 50 years. Not many can say that. My mother in law is 79 and she has been married for 63 years. Her mom and dad were married 57 years. In his family they are married a long time, in mine too.

For us we could be married 80 years. Marriage is WORK! But if it's hard, then you really aren't doing it right. I am so glad we didn't have the -stress- yes stress of having a child so early in marriage. Four years is a good year for us to start a family. And I cannot wait to be a family of three or maybe four. Baby dust if you will!

No comments:

Post a Comment