Image Map

Monday, January 12, 2015

Why I didn't Marry a Return Missionary

When I went through Young Women's in all the areas I went through, yes all of them said to marry a worthy male member of the church, but what all the girls got out of it, or at least what I got out of it, is marry a Return Missionary because they are the ones that will uphold their Priesthood duties, that they will be the BEST fathers because they know what serving is, and also because they want to be the best eternal companion because they know what the Lord wants of them. I married one of the best of all three worlds! 

He does the best things for me, that nobody else, even a Return Missionary, could do for me. He is the best husband I could have asked for and he will make the best father and anything else in the Church he gets called for. He did serve a Ward Mission and I will always consider him my RM no matter if he had to go through the Temple to get Endowed or not. I know that in my youth to marry an RM would be the best possible thing for me to do! But since then my life has taken several turns in the past several months, that I did not settle for less than a temple marriage because it was a choice, I settled because I needed to and I know with all my heart that this September we will be sealed for time and all eternity no matter what anyone says. We will have served out our time and then we will kneel at that altar and be sealed for time and all eternity.
We will have our happily ever after like we were promised when we said I do. No matter how many arguments we have had, and will ever have we know that this is the right thing. My Young Women leaders knew what they wanted, an RM, and I know what I want, a non RM. He chose to stay in college and I am grateful to him for that everyday. It means that our children will grow up in a house where both parents are well educated and that they will have the best father that they can ask for. Even if I am called away to go to work I will know that they have a very able father to discipline them and be there for them if anything happens to them.

I cannot wait until we are again worthy to enter the temple and take out our endowment so that we are on the fast track to be sealed for time and all eternity. I know that some people will question my resolve of my children go on missions and I will say that if that is what they need to do, then they will go and do! I will not have what my husband did or did not do affect my children doing it and he agrees. I thank God that I have the husband that I do and that he has taught me so much in our almost year together. All I know is we will spend our one year anniversary together, after he gets off work, and that we might go out for a late night dinner/early breakfast and we will have the time of our lives!

So that is my reason for not marrying an RM. That's the only time I will be telling anyone why I didn't do it, and I will stick by what I chose for all eternity. I am grateful that he wanted to be the one for me.

2 comments:

  1. Great blog! Happy for you guys!
    -JP (B&S Student)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joshua! Hope you read about Meramec Caverns! It is super amazing.

      Delete