Image Map

Monday, May 11, 2015

How it felt being childless on Mother's Day

I have been married for eight months now. I love being married but people always tell me that I am too young, that I am not ready to have a baby, and that we should enjoy being a couple because life will "end" when you become a parent. I have friends that can tell you that having children is not the end of the world, it is the beginning.

I have to agree with a fellow blogger on one thing, that teen pregnancy is an epidemic right now and that teenage motherhood, especially when the father's don't want to hang around, is a challenge. I have seen challenges faced by teen moms, and while I am never going to say that they are bad mothers, which I know a few are very amazing mothers, they will tell you that being a teen mom is not what it is cracked up to be.

My husband is a very hard-working person. He provides for us and we are saving what we can to make sure we can provide a baby with what he/she needs. I am preparing myself to be a good mother.

In my blessing, something my church does for every member, it says that I will bear CHILDREN. And that I need to learn the things that you need to know when you plan on a baby. We are waiting for God to tell us, "Hey it's time to get pregnant and have baby Miller". And I can't wait for that day! But until then, I will continue learning and growing. I will continue trying to keep a house clean, and unpacking it. But I love being married and I can't wait to have baby Miller, but until I do, if you can see me my darling soon to be child, "I love you and I can't wait to feel you kicking! Please come to us soon and make us parents!"

No comments:

Post a Comment