Image Map

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Bullying we all go through it at least once in life

Okay, we all went, or are going through High school, people are popular, in the middle, or the ones that are being bullied. I was one of the latter people. I got bullied everyday. I got kicked around, not literally kicked but you get the picture, I got shoved into a desk, yes this was literally, and a pencil lead stuck in my head. Yes I sucked my thumb, I still am trying to break that habit and everything but I'm not posting this to be judged, I am just trying to tell people one reason I got bullied. The only reason I started sucking my thumb was because my step-dad died when I was six years old and I had nobody to rely on, not even my mother who was lost in her own depression.

I held everything up inside me until one day in tenth grade, there was this bully who kept calling me names, the b word, the s word, the w word and every demeaning thing she could think of to call me. She kept pressing her knee into the back of my chair everyday on the bus so finally I turned around and smacked her on the leg, it was a tap to me, at least I thought it was, until her leg turned red. Then she goes to the superintendent of the school and complains that I smacked her for doing nothing. I told him that is was bull and then he kicked me off the bus for two weeks. When it was finally proven that she was the bully and not me he had to give consequences out to the bully. She was the one kicked off the bus for awhile and then she had to come up with transportation.

My husband had similar problems. When he was in fourth grade this kindergartner or first grader, yes the kid was younger than him but boy did that kid have a temper. The kindergartner or first grader started to harass him and started to throw punches at him. In self-defense, he threw punches in return. The kindergartner or first grader started to fight back, but couldn't stand up to my husband. Eventually, the fight ended with the kindergartner or first grader coming out with a bruises, one black eye, and a broken nose. My husband was not kicked off the bus or kicked out of school because of the self-defense tactics against a kid that turned out to be a bully.

We both went through bullying and came out stronger. I am so glad we came out of our bullying and lived to fight another day. Another thing I'm thankful for is that we came together and we are stronger together.

No comments:

Post a Comment